The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and U.S. NORTHERN COMMAND, will convene virtually on July 27-28, 2021 to host the 10th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships Conference.
COVID-19 has impacted every community, but recovery has not been the same. The pandemic has exposed our deep-rooted vulnerabilities, and why we as a society need to work together to increase our resilience and elevate the equity of every individual.
Now is the opportunity to strengthen partnerships. Together, we can shape a resilient future that drives opportunity, prosperity, security, and advancement for all.
Discussions will address collaboration required among private, public, and nonprofit sectors to help mitigate the effects of all disasters. We will focus on building resilience against all hazards while looking ahead to future emergencies and how we can be better prepared through greater collaboration across sectors.
Topics we’ll cover each day include:
- Lessons from private-public partnerships developed in response to a year of disasters, crisis and pandemic.
- Insights on the broadening range of frequency and types of disasters we are confronted with and how we define resilience going forward.
- How companies responded to the COVID-19 pandemic and other challenges during the last year.
- Remarks from senior administration officials on new initiatives and the way forward.
- How private and public sectors are addressing issues of equity in disaster response and recovery.
- A look into the next decade and beyond, discussing emergent challenges and opportunities.
- How agencies and government developed new systems to respond in the pandemic environment.
- Remarks from senior administration officials on future directions for their agencies in our changing environment.
- How businesses can share their status of operations with each other and with government following a disaster.
Past Building Resilience Conferences