The Coalition to Back Black Businesses:
Paving the Way for Long-Term Success
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
The Coalition to Back Black Businesses (CBBB) is a multi-year initiative to support Black small business owners and the communities they serve as they recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and chart a path forward.
Black-owned small businesses see no end in sight to the COVID-19 crisis, with nearly half of them having to close their doors since April 2020. Since its launch in September 2020, the Coalition distributed $5,000 grants to hundreds of Black small business owners across the country to help meet their most immediate needs.
As Black business owners try to keep their dreams alive, they need significant and sustained support. That’s why the Coalition is setting up the grantees with mentorship opportunities and providing some with $25,000 enhancement grants to pave the way for their long-term success.
On February 24, join our grantees and the Coalition partners – including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, American Express, our supporting partners, and the nation’s leading Black chambers – to discuss the work of the Coalition to date, the impact it is making in the lives of Black small business owners, and how others can help grow this effort.
- Scott Beier, Assistant General Counsel, Cummins Inc.
- Talisha Bekavac, Vice President, Government and External Affairs, United States Black Chambers
- Richard Brown, Vice President, Philanthropy, American Express
- Carolyn Cawley, President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Natalie Madeira Cofield, Founder & CEO, Walker’s Legacy
- Charles H. DeBow, III, Vice President, Programs, National Black Chamber of Commerce
- Mirna Eusebio, SVP Product Development & Marketing, Altice USA
- Laura Gallagher, Global Head of Corporate Citizenship and the President, AIG Foundation
- Dr. Kenneth L. Harris, Ph.D, President/CEO, National Business League
- Nancy Lamb, Foundation President and Director of Dow Global Citizenship, Dow
- Rick Wade, Senior Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Outreach, U.S. Chamber of Commerce