Beyond 34 Austin Circular Economy Workshop & Focus Group
The City of Austin was recently selected as a Beyond 34 city by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation to develop a circular economy strategy as part of our initiative, Beyond 34: Scaling Circularity for a Sustainable Economy.
The goal of Beyond 34 is to develop and implement high-impact waste solutions that are tailored to local opportunities and needs. Beyond 34’s research includes an assessment of Austin’s current waste stream resource consumption and waste generation as well as a strategic plan of priority circular economy-focused projects to address significant waste “hotspots.” From these "hotspots" the following focus areas were selected:
- Circular built environment
- Circular organic waste
- Circular tech manufacturing
This research is based on an in-depth technical analysis and comprehensive feedback from local stakeholders (private sector, local government, NGOs/nonprofits, academia) through a series of public workshops.
We invite stakeholders from across sectors to join the City of Austin, U.S. Chamber Foundation, and technical partner Metabolic for an interactive meeting which will:
- Introduce the Beyond 34 initiative and focus areas determined for Austin (including e-waste, construction and demolition waste, and organic waste)
- Provide context on the focus areas
- Help develop circular goals (~2-3) for each sector to work towards
- Identify the key barriers and challenges in attaining these goals
Thursday, October 27, 2022
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
This event will be hosted at City of Austin Permitting and Development Center, located at 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, TX 78752.